Below we have our final edit of our movie ‘The one that got away’. As we couldn’t make the re-shot for the second edit we decided to use the re-shot scene in our final edit.The re-shot will fix some parts in the movie which were either blurry or the camera was a bit unstable and we had shaky shots. Everybody in our group had their own important job Vedanssh was acting tin the role of ‘Jason Black’, Kasia played the role of directing people and making sure our mise-en-scene is correct, Samantha was again responsible for the cinematography and I was completely responsible for the editing. Our re-shot took place on sunday the fifth of feburary we convincend the people who were acting in the first shot to do the re-shot as well. For the filming we used my iPhone 6s as it has a better quality then Samatha’s phone additionally we borrowed some equipment from the media department which included ; a tripod, two LED lights and also a clipper to hold the phone on the tripod. At the end we tried everything possible and used every facility that we could have.
I showed our film to a few friends and other media students. They gave me both positive and negative feedback.
Some of the feedback people told me personally:
” Great work, I really liked the editing (black and white filter) and different shots.”
“Fantastic acting and I liked the shots”.
“The black and white filter really makes it film noir and seem way older”.
This is a vlog with all of the 3 people of our group because one couldn’t make it discussing what we have learned in doing a media film. We did this to have a review on the work we did for media .
I have used the following technology in my final piece:
For the bulk of the editing I had to do , I used iMovie because it is a programme that I’m accustomed to; while it has a large learning curve, it allowed me to create a plethora of effects and titles to match my finished piece. Below there are screenshots of the editing process with captions for an insight of the whole process:
WordPress is the blog site which I use to neatly show all of my coursework. It is a free website which allows you to easily own a blog, and is very simple to use. I chose this website as it is easy to attach media and writing together, to create an easily viewable blog. It also has a really nice and neat design what I really like what gives working on my blog a nicer atmosphere and I am more willing to work.
Microsoft word was used as my primary document writer and typing software, as it is easy to use, and helped in creating documents while befitted the final film, such as the script for the final film.
I used Facebook to connect with my actors and my cast so i could organise days with them to shoot my film. I also used it to receive feedback from my audience as well as communicating with my audience/ target audience, so a overall good form of communication.
YouTube allowed me to upload all videos related to my coursework (including my final film) for free and was easily embeddable into my blog posts. The simplicity of YouTube and free features was easily the best choice for my uploads. YouTube also allowed me to check onto my video’s statistics and views, giving me a more detailed evaluation.Furthermore, I could easily put my video into my blog post ,where it readily be played from wordpress.
Microsoft PowerPoint gave me clean presentations which I uploaded onto my blog. The programme is relatively easy to use, and the file type is easily supported by many programmes. It allowed me to present my coursework on a smaller footprint, with revolving slides onto a single page, which saved me space, and is an other intresting way to present pictures and text which made my blog neater.
I used my own personal computer, a MacBook Pro which I used to edit my final film, and perform computerised tasks running all software above. It’s running MacOS Sierra , and has high specs to carry all the load of high resolution video editing.
I used this phone to film all of my coursework (including my final piece). I used this phone because it has a very good camera quality which is on the same level as a normal camera , which was useful specially in filming a dark genre such as Film-Noir. The lens of the phone also allowed me to take advantage of the manual focus, which gave me the option to pull of shots such as focus pulls and extreme close-ups.
Pen & Paper
Arguably the most useful technology I have used in the production of my coursework and the final film. Having a pen and paper at hand allowed me to quickly jot down notes and share it with the members of my group.It was really helpful in class because we could discuss things and somebody would write it down and you could see what. As well you could maker notes quicker because you didn’t have to take you phone out enter your password and then open notes you could just quickly scribble something at the side.
Video annotated :
This is my Powerpoint presentation on my perfect audience member.
This is a slideshow of evaluation point 3. It includes details such as why we chose our production logo and name, and how our film fits into our chosen genre.
This is the directors commentary for our final film. I explained the representations that our final product shows the audience.